English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Appeals of Aristotle

Go down

Three Appeals of Aristotle  Empty Three Appeals of Aristotle

Post  AlliLadd Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 pm

When I was younger I learned that a rhetorical situation is when somebody presents you with a story or a question, without expecting a response. I just found out there's more to it! Not only is a rhetorical situation just a question left to be unanswered, but can also be the context or "mood" of a speaker. I feel like these rhetorical situations have a deeper, more meaningful tone. When used correctly this effect could have a great impact on the intended audience when making speeches and such. Rhetorical analysis is more of when an author paints a picture for the reader, in order to persuade the audience.
When it comes to the three appeals, I'm definitely more of a pathos. I don't find things to be very interesting unless I can comprehend and relate to it, which is why I always use emotions and use of stories in my writing to friends, teachers, or even on Facebook or Twitter. To me, appealing to emotions is the easiest way to get a point across. Very Happy

AlliLadd
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down