English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Appeals of Aristotle

Go down

Three Appeals of Aristotle Empty Three Appeals of Aristotle

Post  Alextate Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:28 pm

If a friend was to ask me to define the difference between rhetorical situations and rhetorical analysis, I would ask he/she what they are writing for. The difference between the two is the amount of formality used when writing in each style. In rhetorical situations, you need to use a very formal way of writing, such as an essay or a handwritten letter to make the reader understands your point. However, in rhetorical analysis, the writer wants to be sure to grab the reader's attention by whatever means. This usually entails some sort of writing that can use humor, or bright colors to achieve the desired goal, such as collages, posters, or pamphlets. When attempting to decide whether to use rhetorical situations or rhetorical analysis, the writer must take their desired audience in mind in order to write correctly.

When writing, online or not, I tend to use Aristotle's appeal to logos to achieve my point. I usually write using many examples to back up a theory as to convince the reader that my way of viewing a subject is correct. At the same time though, it tends cause problems when little/no evidence is available for use. I try to convince the reader that the situation just demands common sense, but without evidence, the writing has no strength in the argument.

Alextate
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down