English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Appeals of Aristotle

Go down

Three Appeals of Aristotle  Empty Three Appeals of Aristotle

Post  KennadyGee Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:59 pm

If my friend were to ask me the difference between a rhetorical analysis and a rhetorical situation, I would explain it as such. A rhetorical analysis is an informal way in which to present a topic towards a specific audience. Visuals such as posters, colors, pamphlets are used as well as humor and questions to engage the audience and grab their attention quickly. For a rhetorical situation is more formal way in which to present a topic. An example of this is presenting a powerpoint or a proposal towards the group of people, such as that during office meetings with CEOs and others. A lot of time and though process is used to captivate the audience to push them towards siding with the individuals views.

When writing online, I tend to use all of the appeals depending on what I'm writing about or who I'm writing towards. I preferably like to use logos because I am the type of person who needs a logical step by step explanation to understand or express my point towards other people. I also like using ethos because it strengths the logical points in my writing. Knowing that I have someone backing up my points it helps to get my point across easier and is more believable.

KennadyGee
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum