English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aristotle's Three Appeals

Go down

Aristotle's Three Appeals Empty Aristotle's Three Appeals

Post  MitchellHill Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:00 pm

If my friend were to ask me out of the blue what the differences between a rhetorical analysis and rhetorical situation I would first look at them strange. But then I would explain it to them and I would say that a rhetorical situation is much more serious type of writing or speaking. If you were going to address people across the country or even just in front of a Board Room, they would use rhetorical situation versus rhetorical analysis.

I would then tell my friend that rhetorical analysis is a way to grab your audiences attention faster. Whether it be with bright colors, pamphlets, or other ways of making reading or learning easier, you would use rhetorical analysis.

When I am on Twitter, Facebook, or even E-mailing I tend to act out of Aristotle's appeal of Pathos. I say this because you have to use emotion when talking through a computer or a cell phone in whatever way you can, otherwise the person talking to you will think you are uninteresting/boring. My punctuation and my length of responses are usually dead giveaways as to how I am feeling at that time. If I have a lack of punctuation or I send short responses I am either not in a talking mood or just not in a good mood in general.

MitchellHill
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down