English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Three Appeals of Arisotle

Go down

The Three Appeals of Arisotle Empty The Three Appeals of Arisotle

Post  StephanieWun Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Knowing the difference between a rhetorical situation and a rhetorical analysis can sometimes be difficult. When explaining these two concepts to a friend I would explain to them that a rhetorical situation is a more serious type of writing which is most commonly found in things like public speeches. While on the other hand, rhetorical analysis is a more laid back type of writing. In a rhetorical analysis, we use images to communicate the point we are trying to get across.
There are three appeals that Aristotle came up with when dealing with writing: ethos, logos and pathos. When writing online, I think out of the three the one I would use the most would be pathos. Pathos appeals to emotion and relies on illustration and the use stories. When I am writing an email or writing on socials websites such as Twitter and Facebook, that is what I tend to do.

Last edited by StephanieWun on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to add something.)

StephanieWun
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down