English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aristotle three apeals

Go down

aristotle three apeals Empty aristotle three apeals

Post  adamlowe Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 am

Rhetorical situations and rhetorical analysis is very similar and I find it hard to not only explain but also to understand. However if I were to try to explain it to a friend I would explain to them that the difference between the two is the formality of the writing. On one hand with the rhetorical analysis you have a more informal type of communication such as through a powerpoint presentation of a photo essay in a newspaper whereas rhetorical situation is serious such as a speech or address.

When writing online I would say I tend to use Ethos and Logos the most. Especially in short writing like this you want to establish some sort of credibility by reading the assignment and being able to back your argument up with facts, quotes, etc from the passage. Logos is also important because online you want your reader to be able to undertand the points you are trying to make. They cant ask questions at the end like a speech or lecture, they need to understand the first time.

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down