English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moment of specialized language

Go down

moment of specialized language Empty moment of specialized language

Post  Shengnan Xue Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:39 am

I do not know if this counts as a specialized language. I am a big fan of an Asian popular band for more than six years. Once I went to a concert with my friends who love the same band and we were all so excited to stop talking. At that time I accidentally saw my another friend who was not a fan. After a while he texted me that he knew the literal meaning of our fan-talking, but he could not understand what our real topics and what the words' meaning when we used them. I remember our original topic is a picture that one member of the band smiled and walked handsomely with a wheel-up suitcase, which made us laugh for a long time and lead to a term "suitcase photo". From the picture, we talked about a lot of silly cute "accidents" he did, and used words such as dropped hat and degen bag, and we also made some fun of them.
When a group of fans gather together and talk about the idol, we will use the words we use only for the idol-related topics. The origins of the words are quite wide such as Japanese katoons, professional pop music terms, words from old stories, and even terms we created.

Shengnan Xue
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down