English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think of a moment where you were engaging in what Gee calls specialized language

Go down

Think of a moment where you were engaging in what Gee calls specialized language Empty Think of a moment where you were engaging in what Gee calls specialized language

Post  Shuaiqi Chen Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:33 am

1. An unforgettable moment of engaging in specialized language is the first biology class when i was in grade 12. Because i studied in a Sino-Canadian program, which is a organization between China and Canada, teachers there are all from Canada, our text book and other materials are also in English, so it was really hard for me to study a science class like bio by using second. In the first class, teacher introduced some organs in human body along with what roles they play in our body by using specialized language like thyroid, gland, and etc. I got totally confused, and i was like "what heck is this?!, and what heck is that?!" during the whole class. I cannot even understand those words in Chinese. In order to catch up, i looked up the words in our bio book, however, all i got is other bunch of new specialized words. After that class, i felt like nothing can be never ever worse than studying bio.

2. I studied bio when i was in grade 12. The reason of studying bio is that it is compulsory for students in Sino-Canadian. I suffered from bio during whole semester, so did my classmates. We went to ask our Chinese teacher assistant question about bio every day, and we barely slept before bio tests because the book materials didn't make any sense to us.

Shuaiqi Chen
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down