English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a moment---specialized language

Go down

a moment---specialized language Empty a moment---specialized language

Post  yufan qiu Thu May 16, 2013 2:46 am

a moment---specialized language
1. The moment about my learning, in other words, engaging in a specialized language is taking IELTS, a special meeting test. IELTS has four parts---reading, listening, writing and speaking. Speaking is separated to second day to finish. Speaking in IELTS means that people need to talk with one tester to answer his/her questions. I was worried. Do I need to smile all the time, even I was answering the questions? Do I need to ask him/ her” How are you”? If I do not understand the questions, could I ask the meanings of the words. Too many questions appeared in my mind during that wait time. When I begin to learn English, I never thought this kind of questions. When I began to face foreign people, these questions appeared. In addition, Before I took the test, I heard that Indian’s English is hard to understand because of the pronunciation and word choices.
2. After came in, the things I heard before became true. I really could not understand most of what he said. At the beginning of the test, he asked me to choose the topic by lots. He did not say that I need to choose a topic. He said that let’s make a sortition. I did not know what the sortition means. When I begin to prepare for this speaking test, I tried to remember many easier words instead of difficult ones. In my mind, speaking, even it is a speaking test, it is a way for people to communicate. Foreign people would not use too difficult words to talk. So I asked tester that what sortition means. The tester explained that I need to choose a topic. After I chose the topic, the tester began to talk with me about that topic. I could not understand his long sentences. I could not figure out what words he used. I tried to guess, it was still hard to fully understand because of his pronunciation. At that time, I felt my English is pretty bad. I need to learn more and need a longer time to improve.

yufan qiu
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down