English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a moment I was engaging in specialized language

Go down

a moment I was engaging in specialized language Empty a moment I was engaging in specialized language

Post  Luo Yajie Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:16 am

I would like to introduce specialized language in a desktop card game "The killers of Three Kingdoms". At the beginning of the game, each player was assigned a special role randomly. My role was the "Lord" and I must open my role card to let everyone know, while others need to hide their role cards to identify others' role (friends or enemies). My goal was kill all the insurgents and spies with the help of the ministers. When I chose a general card from five selectable general cards, I need to read the instructions carefully because every general has his or her special ability and blood volume which would affect the rule of the whole game. This turn I chose Liu Bei who has a lord skill whenever he needs to discard a Slash card, he can invite Shu characters to discard instead.

I played this game when I was a senior. During this year, my classmates and I do not have much burden as students in other schools, so we had a lot of time to find interesting games. When teachers let us study by ourselves, we would like to begin our game. The characters and some of the abilities in "The Killers of Three Kingdoms" are based on the history of China. The game is not so easy because there are too many characters and each character should use a different method to play and follow the requirements shown on each card. Players must have skilled applications and remember the functions of others' card. Each turn of the game really last a long time, so we like to play a game which practice logical thinking and kill time.

Luo Yajie
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down