English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prewriting assignment about a blog --2

Go down

Prewriting assignment about a blog --2 Empty Prewriting assignment about a blog --2

Post  Minsoo Soh Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:16 am

On March 11th, 2011, a deadly 23-foot tsunami struck about 230 miles northeast of a big island in Asia, Japan. The giant waves deluged cities and rural areas alike, sweeping away cars, homes, buildings, a train, and boats, leaving a path of death and devastation. This horrible disaster finally issued warnings for Russia, Taiwan, Hawaii, Indonesia, the Marshall Islands, Papua New Guinea, Australia, and the west coasts the U.S., Mexico, Central America, and South America. No man, or even nation, can be truly isolated. The world is interconnected. One small effect can influence the rest. We need to be sensitive and perceive the seriousness of various global issues that are happening right now. My blog does a role of “bridge” between the countries to make these happenings available with author’s daily postings and the discussion about the issues among people around the world.

The world is interconnected. One small effect can influence the rest. Like on March 11th, 2011, a deadly 23-foot tsunami in Japan influenced the whole world leaving a path of death and devastation. No man, or even nation, can be truly isolated. We need some easily noticeable place to aware the seriousness of knowing various global issues that are happening right now, and my blog does this role. The author posts daily international issues that are unfamiliar, and people around the world share ideas of how to save the world. The blog would be the center of discussion board about issues through the blog. The world is in a blog.

Even though I've mostly asked to write an essay or any writing assignment, I was still hard to write and put my ideas concisely in traditional format. However, I wasn't struggling with my organization of the paragraph structure. I felt I was putting my opinions like in formula. When I was writing it in nontraditional format, I was able to convey my ideas much easily without a lot of words and sentences. I felt like I was released. But, sometimes I unintentionally try to write it in the traditional way because I was so used to write it with a traditional form.

Tools, or “Things to notice” for writing an essay.

1) Punctuation
2) Quote; comments from audience, quote from the author
3) An author’s writing style
4) Design of a blog; background color, complexity and simplicity of background style
5) Statistical data
6) Understandable and easy word choices
7) Not too much of complex sentence structure.
8) Use of humor
9) Interesting examples
10) Well explained description of an argument or topic

Minsoo Soh
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down