English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prewriting assignment about a blog

Go down

Prewriting assignment about a blog Empty Prewriting assignment about a blog

Post  Minsoo Soh Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:10 am

A blog that I liked the most through a lot of blog researches is called “Peace, Earth & Justice.” The non-profit Prometheus Institute is the main publisher of this blog, and there are some contributors who take an active part in posting articles related to various global issues. The blog contains an archive of over 10,000 the articles from 2004. The articles are published almost every day with new, serious international issues to inform to readers on regular basis. Peace, Earth & Justice mainly publishes it about guaranteeing human rights, preventing war and conflict, ensuring social justice, and protecting the environment and so on. The writer even says, “Postings that demonstrate the linkages between peace, earth and justice issues.” These diverse articles can be researched in two ways regarding geographically and issues by different fields so it is very easy to find the news that I want to know.

When I think about the ideal audience for this blog, it would be a lot. This blog could be used in several purposes. First of all, students could be one of the ideal audiences for this blog. Many education institutions could use it as educational purpose. It can assign students to do the homework, or projects related to global issues. This blog could be the great learning place for them. Second, members from other organizations with similar programs and aims could be other ideal audience. The blog can be one of the helpful information centers. It might assist new programs or give new ideas about the programs. Lastly, ordinary people who start recognizing of the importance of various international problems are the audiences. This blog could give them interest and curiosity. Since the articles are published almost daily, these audiences can easily receive the news that scarcely touches with. Since the blog is informing the real happening and dealing with scientific evidences, publishers use one rhetorical tool, logos.

For my blog, there isn’t any comment around. However, when I looked at the publisher’s purpose of the blog, I could predict the main audiences of it. According to Prometheus Institute from “Peace, Earth & Justice”, the purposes of creating this blog are below:

a. To sponsor and foster public education and scientific research respecting security, health, the environment and justice, in British Columbia and elsewhere.

b. To disseminate educational materials to the citizens of British Columbia, Canada and other nations.

c. To publish in the public domain.

d. To provide for the relief of poverty.

e. To assist other organizations with similar programs and aims.

Therefore, the main audiences will be the audiences that I mention above paragraph.

The world is interconnected. No man, or even nation, can be truly isolated. If one country is affected by one big giant disaster, this can drive the other countries in danger, too. We are not alone now. In order to learn about this knowledge, we need to be sensitive and perceive global issues seriously. This place is the great place to go in order to learn properly about the issues. It contains articles from various news websites and the publisher’s own articles, so we are able to see the different perspectives in respect to one particular global issue. It possibly gives audiences insight to approach the issue objectively.

Minsoo Soh
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down