English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blog Prewriting #2

Go down

Blog Prewriting #2 Empty Blog Prewriting #2

Post  mgreteman Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:38 am

Cupcakes and Cashmere is a weblog that encompasses all things fashion, beauty, travel, food, and much more. It provides readers with inspiration to try new things, and keep their lives new and interesting. Cupcakes and Cashmere captures the attention of its audience with a plethora of vivid and colorful photographs. This blog is geared towards a female audience with interest in discovering creative and fun ideas.

Cupcakes? Cashmere? How are these two things related? Well, Cupcakes and Cashmere is a weblog that combines a ton of different styles of posts that create an all-around classy site. Emily, the author, says “I started Cupcakes and Cashmere in 2008 as a way to document the things that inspire me”, and inspiring her audience comes naturally. Those who follow this blog will agree that not only does it provide them with great ideas for recipes, outfits, and crafts, but it provides a sense of community for them as well.

The first paragraph was easier for me to write because it was much more straightforward and to the point, whereas the second paragraph took some more time and consideration when choosing words. Coming up with a thesis was also somewhat challenging, just because I’ve always had a hard time getting everything I want to say across in a single sentence. The second paragraph was challenging just because I did not follow the same format I have been using for quite some time.

Things to Notice:
- Comments from followers
- Format of the blog
- Credibility of the author
- Use of grammar
- Organization
- Variety in posts
- Colors used
- Frequency of postings
- Author’s communication with followers
- Word choice

mgreteman