English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blog Prewriting #2

Go down

Blog Prewriting #2 Empty Blog Prewriting #2

Post  kathrynad Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Why do people blog? In todays society blogging is the new way of communicating with others and many people are participating in it. The question many people are asking themselves though, is “why do people blog” or “why do people read blogs written by others”. Although many people don’t understand blogging, for others, its a way of life. In the blog I read, “Confessions of a Sorority Girl”, the author wrote to get her ideas out in the world and she always wrote about what was on her mind. There are many reasons people both read and write blogs. Bloggers could have a lot on their mind and want to let it out, they feel that they have an interesting point of view on something, or they could just be using their blog to get their name out.

Welcome to the new era! With the use of Facebook, Twitter, and other sites people have the power to write anything they want and anyone is able to see it. If you have a lot of ideas and want to get them out, what is a better way of doing that than putting it on the internet! Blogs are especially the kind of thing that people love to do. Someone could write anything they want and they are able to let anyone and everyone know how they feel. This is what the author of the blog, Confessions of a Sorority Girl, that I read did. If you need some practice writing, blogging is a great way to do it. And if someone comes across your blog and they happen to think you’re a great writer than it is also a great way to get your name out into the world.

While writing the first two paragraphs, the thing that I had trouble with the most was writing the second paragraph. I felt it was hard to get my idea across while at the same time trying to make the intro paragraph fun and creative. While I feel it is still possible to make the paragraph fun and easy going, I think the actual thesis statement needs to be clear and straight to the point.

List of tools to consider:
1) Organization
2) Audience
3) Format
4) Text
5) Word Choice
6) Understanding
7) Stay on topic
Cool Credibility
9) Grammar
10)Genre

kathrynad