English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions and Sources

2 posters

Go down

Questions and Sources Empty Questions and Sources

Post  MitchellHill Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:16 pm

1) In F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby, the idea that the American Dream is dead is brought to attention. How is the American Dream viewed as dead?
Sources:
"Boats Against the Current": Mortality and the Myth of Renewal in The Great Gatsby
Jeffrey Steinbrink

Twentieth Century Literature
Vol. 26, No. 2, F. Scott Fitzgerald Issue (Summer, 1980), pp. 157-170
Published by: Hofstra University
Stable URL: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Fitzgerald, F. Scott. The Great Gatsby. New York: Scribner, 1996. Print.

2) In Peter Jackson's films such as The Lord of the Rings and King Kong, how does Peter Jackson show the societal issue of constant isolation of the individual in reards to people who are viewed as different?
Sources:
Author: Auger, Emily E

Title: PICTURING TOLKIEN: ESSAYS ON PETER JACKSON'S THE LORD OF THE RINGS FILM TRILOGY

URL: [Only admins are allowed to see this link] es_id=xri:lion-us&rft_id=xri:lion:rec:abell:R04688131

Conliffe, Mark. "On Isolation." Midwest Quarterly 47.2 (2006): 115-130. Academic Search Elite. Web. 13 Nov. 2012.

3) How does the quest for the iron throne in Game of Thrones reflect our society's constant power struggle?
Sources:
"Paper.Li Partners with HBO(R) on Branded Fan Newspaper for Game of Thrones(SM)." PR Newswire Europe Including UK Disclose (2011)ABI/INFORM Complete. Web. 13 Nov. 2012.

Mark, J. Gasiorowski. "The Power Struggle in Iran." Middle East Policy 7.4 (2000): 22-40. ABI/INFORM Complete. Web. 13 Nov. 2012.

MitchellHill
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Questions and Sources Empty sources

Post  AustinTri Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:24 pm

I really like these sources. I feel like they can help your overall project. I am excited to see your video presentation because I like your topic and think that you can go a long ways with it.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down