English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhetorical situation and rhetorical analysis

Go down

Rhetorical situation and rhetorical analysis Empty Rhetorical situation and rhetorical analysis

Post  Weijian Li Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Basically, rhetorical situation is just a way that we use communication skills to deal with the circumstances in which we communicate. It involves four elements: writer, reader, text and medium. Rhetorical situation exists every time while we are writing in order to help us achieve our writing purpose. On the other hand, rhetorical analysis is used to help us better understand and appreciate the text. We need not only to see what a writing says, but also how it says it. For example, depends on different content, we should choose to use different medium to express it in the most suitable way.
Personally speaking, when I write online, I appeal to pathos most because I prefer to express just what I want. I think Ethos is the most efficient way to convert my opinions and ideas to others and such simple way is also very fit to my own personality.

Weijian Li
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down