English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“rhetorical situation" and "rhetorical analysis”

Go down

“rhetorical situation" and "rhetorical analysis” Empty “rhetorical situation" and "rhetorical analysis”

Post  di cui Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 pm

Q:Consider the terms "rhetorical situation" and "rhetorical analysis." How would you explain them to a friend?
A: The “rhetorical situation” is a elementary and assistant concept for developing as a writer. the rhetorical situation refers to the context within which writers create rhetorical discourse. Rhetoric situation is using communication method to communicate with people. The features of the rhetorical situation are writer (or sender ), reader (or receiver), medium (delivered language) and text.
The "rhetorical analysis" is analyzing rhetorical situation, finding out the most productive way of accessing the topic, responding to the needs and prospects of readers. For instance, the question of whether to email, text a massage, post to a blog, or send a hand written letter. As a writer, people need to choice a suitable way of the situation.

Q:When you write online do you think you appeal most to pathos, logos, or ethos?
A: when I write online, I appeal most to logos. In my point of view, As a academic writer, I should pay more attention to logos because in many cases, the method of pathos and ethos let people feel that it's right but, as a matter of fact, is a logic problem or pseudo-proposition. To prove the topic people can use more details such as data and process of proof. Pathos and ethos can not be the necessary and sufficient conditions to prove the topic.

di cui
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down