English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rhetorical situation & rhetorical analysis

Go down

rhetorical situation & rhetorical analysis Empty rhetorical situation & rhetorical analysis

Post  Shengnan Xue Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Consider the terms "rhetorical situation" and "rhetorical analysis." How would you explain them to a friend?
The rhetorical situation is the way writers deal with the relationships among writer, reader, text, and medium to help them make decisions as they write and revise. Also the rhetorical situation provides the most fruitful way of approaching the topics and of responding to the needs and expectations of the readers.
"Rhetorical analysis" is a process in which writers think about the four key elements of rhetorical situation: writer, reader, text, and medium, and post different available options.

When you write online do you think you appeal most to pathos, logos, or ethos?
When I write online, probably I appeal most to logos. I believe that to convince readers, the most efficient way is convincing and precise logic. Clear logic is a strong tool used in writing to encourage readers to think about it and finally find it convincing. And for academic writing, logic is definitely the most important way to explain my opinion.

Shengnan Xue
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down