English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prewriting

Go down

Prewriting Empty Prewriting

Post  Shuaiqi Chen Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:37 pm

1. Give evidence, via quotes and description, for how your blog or comic presents itself

As we all know, comic is part of major industry in Japan. There are many outstanding and intellectual comic author, and their works are really really really classic and excellent. The comics in Japan not only have tortuous plot, absorbing characteristics of character, but also involves in various fields such as religion, fantasy, and things happened in our daily life. Due to the development of technology, now we can read these comics online. As you can see I am really a big fan of the Japanese comics. I can say that comic is a major part of my childhood. I have read lots of comics when i was in middle school and high school. However, there is only one comic that i love most, even now i read it when i have time, it is called Gintama. The Gintama tells a story that japan once was a country of samurai, until aliens came to conquer this place and control the government to abolish the samurai. But there are also some samurais still believe their bushido. The protagonist is one of them, his name is Gintoki. The funny thing of this comic is that Gintoki is not that type of hero that always save the world like every heroes did in most of comics. He is a worthless 25-year-old man, who groups with a little girl and a boy as a team. They are willing to do everything as long as they get paid.

2. Describe who you think would be the ideal audience for your blog using both your own observations and rhetorical tools.

In my point of view, the ideal audience can be divided into three groups. The first group is consisted of people who really like reading comic, and have read many comics before. It seems like my explanation does not make any sense because of course people who read this comic must like reading comics. Let me explain it. In this comic, Gintoki, the main character, always pretend to be some other characters in other classic comics. People always can find many different elements of other comics in Gintama, and those elements make this comic more interesting. The second group is mostly consisted of teenagers. Gintoki is a kind of character who is lazy, who always pick his nose or sleep on his sofa, whose work is easy and adventurous. But, he has principle, what they call bushido, in his mind, which is protecting his friends. When his friends are in danger, he will become a super hero to save the world. That is exactly a person every teenager wants to be.

3. After finding the audience for your comic/blog (usually in forums or beneath posts) describe your audience, how they communicate, what they seem to value, and so on.

By looking through the comments, i figure that the audience of this comic is exactly what i mentioned above. Most of them say this comic is so funny, they wish that author can update more. There is one comment talks about the copyright, because there are many elements from other comics, and this comment writer agrees with the author' s action that combine those elements together, because it makes comic more fun.

4. Try to make a claim for how the webcomic or blog works with its audience.

almost all the webcomics are related to our daily life, and so dose Gintama. Some of the story are about valentine's day, some of the story are about Christmas, and some of the story are about forming a really long line in order to buy new playstation. People who read this comic will automatically relate themselves to it. That is the most interesting thing of this comic, and that is also the reason why Gintama is very popular not only in Japan, but also in many other countries even with different culture.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/gintama/

Shuaiqi Chen
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down