English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday Nov. 5th

Go down

Monday Nov. 5th Empty Monday Nov. 5th

Post  AustinTri Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 pm

I feel like the most interesting chapter would be the fourth one because it talks about president Ronald Reagan and the presidents duties to minimize the blacks and minorities from the schools. I also think I would enjoy reading this is because it is about Brown vs. Board of education which established separate but equal rights for blacks and whites. This really interests me because this court decision was one of the most influential and important decisions in the history. I am interested to see what happens in the chapter.

After reading about Brown vs. Board of Education in the Introduction, I understand that she is arguing about racial justice in literacy. In the introduction the majority of what the author is talking about is the Civil War and all of the unfair treatment towards the black population and how the blacks were not even able to learn. This is why I believe that the author is arguing about the unfair literacy that was with the blacks because they were not able to even learn to read and write. They did. I am interested about this topic.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down