English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Response for Monday Nov. 5

Go down

Response for Monday Nov. 5 Empty Response for Monday Nov. 5

Post  AlliLadd Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:37 am

First, I think Chapter 3 sounds interesting as it furthers the discussion of Brown v. Board of Education and the rate of desegregation in an area of the south. This seems interesting to me, because I know information about what happened prior to this movement, but not necessarily after.

As for the entire introduction, I'm having trouble deciphering what her main arguments are. What I do know is she talks a lot about whites using their tools and abilities to keep races segregated. By tools, I mean literacy (or reading/writing capabilities). Though she deeply develops pretty reasonable valid points of her argument, it's hard to disagree with her because we don't see much of the other side of the argument. She does address that the desegregation process was very slow, as whites attempted to maintain this division. I don't find it very easy to disagree with her, because I don't see much of the other side of the argument!

AlliLadd
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down