English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the "rhetorical situation" and "rhetorical analysis" in my eye

Go down

the "rhetorical situation" and "rhetorical analysis" in my eye Empty the "rhetorical situation" and "rhetorical analysis" in my eye

Post  Xi Wang Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:41 pm

As far as I'm concerned, the "rhetorical situation" means the language environment we are exposured to. For instance, if we are going to write an e-mail, it matters to whom we are writting. The linguistic style can be various between writting to a professor and to a closed friend, that is the different rhetorical situation. Thus, "rhetorical analysis" can be rather crucial before we write. Generally, we can analyse rhetorical situation from four aspects: writer, reader, text, and medium. As a writer, we mainly focus on our goals of writting this article; meanwhile, we should consider who are the intended audiences and what are their expectations when reading this passage; what's more, how do we decide the genre that fits best our goal? At last, does the medium be appropriate and effective to present the text? That's the "rhetorical situation" and "rhetorical analysis" in my eye.

When I write online, most of my work appeal to pathos since I usually write things about my daily life to express my feelings, and it's not necessary to give precise logical structure or detailed statistics to persuade others to believe what I said. Razz

Xi Wang
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down