English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reading response

Go down

reading response Empty reading response

Post  YuhyunDoh Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:15 pm

When I was young, I did not like writing at all, I still don’t. Knowing the rhetorical situation and knowing how to analyze rhetoric is one of the most important parts to be a good writer. I asked myself what is the rhetorical situation and why is it so important for writer. I think it is most effective way to impact and influence the reader what the writer is trying to tell the audience or the reader. In that way the both writer and the reader can approach in the same page. There are 4 crucial elements in the rhetorical situation, writer, reader, text and medium. Text is what writers wrote to influence or inform the readers with his/her knowledge. Readers are specific group who are trying to receive the concept of writer’s idea. The medium is the way the writers present their idea such as paper, internet or some kind of media. These four elements makes a harmony that makes the perfect rhetorical situation.

When I first read about the logos, pathos and ethos, I did not understand perfectly. But after the taking today's class, I finally understood. I personally think I am more like pathos when I write online. I get more emotional than getting logical because I think I get little bit shy in front of people and not able to express my thought very well. So I show my emotions on online to show how I feel.

YuhyunDoh
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

reading response Empty response

Post  YuhyunDoh Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:34 pm

One of the republican politicians was asking President Obama about the spending billions that Obama used on commitment about the unemployment and talking about boutique tax cut that only specific amount of beings are impacted. He talks about some evidences that why it had gone wrong and showed the numbers or showed increased unemployed rates that have gone up than they have expected. The republican guy was excluding some information that would offend their own party. For example, I found out that the unemployed rate was higher before Obama was elected. I cannot remember all of the things they have said in this video, but I personally think that they ask questions to Obama with the fact that will give advantage to their party. They leave out the fact which will give bad impact on their party and just questions with the well-known evidences which all people knows which people can get empathy.

YuhyunDoh
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down