English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Response

Go down

Reading Response Empty Reading Response

Post  kedb79 Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:39 pm

I think that I am more logos out of all of them. Because usually when I do something I find important I think about it logically in my head before I do it. When I try to persuade people to help me to do something or do something I try to give them a logical answer on why they should do it. In my debate class in high school I would always try to think of the most logical answer before I say it. That is why I think I am more logos than everything. If I was explaining a rhetorical situation to a friend I would say there are three things that make up a rhetorical situation. The first would be is that there must be a problem that is capable of being fixed, there needs to be an audience that can change as well, and there needs be things that can limit decisions and actions. I would say a rhetorical analysis is a type of criticism that looks at the relationship between the writing itself and the audience.

kedb79
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Reading Response Empty Kairos

Post  kedb79 Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:43 pm

1. The definition of Kairos is a propitious moment for decision or action.
2. What could be seen as modern concerns with a weblog is that people could feel that there privacy is being taken away and people start to question what is really private anymore. Just like in the reading when that girl was upset that the FBI looked through her diary that she put on her blog. I do not necessary agree because I feel if the information was that important and it was something that you really didn't want people to see that you didn't know that you shouldn't put it on a blog. It concerns me that some people don't understand that the government can look at anything they want and are watching peoples computers so if there is information on them that you do not want people to see it would probably be best to not put it on a blog for everyone to see.
3. Voyeurism is important because it helps us get a sense of what type of person a character might be in the story that we are reading. It helps us understand what type of people they may be and helps us understand the tone and understand the writing more.
4. My first question is why the girl put such private information on the internet when she didn't want anyone else to see it? the second question is What Bill Clinton answered when he answered her question. And the third question would be What would cause a person to make a blog? What is the point of doing them?

kedb79
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum