English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Responses of "New Digital Presentation"

2 posters

Go down

Responses of "New Digital Presentation" Empty Responses of "New Digital Presentation"

Post  Minsoo Soh Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:06 am

1. A pidgin is a new, simplified language that is used to communicate between two or more groups that do not have a language in common. Since there were many workers from diverse countries who were working in plantations in Hawaii, they created this kind of language in order to work together effectively. It came from a combination of their native tongues along with English and Hawaiian. There are multiple cultures within a country, but it is hard for us to notice or know. Like a pidgin, even some Americans didn't know or haven’t heard about it. We need to understand the diversity of cultures. Through the presentation, I learn that having this ability is also considered as literacy.

2. This new form of digital presentation was interesting and surprising. Unlike a PPT which we commonly use, there are various movements of slides which contain photos, videos and textures. I was able to pay attention to this kind of slideshows. It was very attractive and it made me curious of the contents.

Minsoo Soh
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Responses of "New Digital Presentation" Empty Re: Responses of "New Digital Presentation"

Post  Jiahong Guan Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Minsoo Soh wrote:1. A pidgin is a new, simplified language that is used to communicate between two or more groups that do not have a language in common. Since there were many workers from diverse countries who were working in plantations in Hawaii, they created this kind of language in order to work together effectively. It came from a combination of their native tongues along with English and Hawaiian. There are multiple cultures within a country, but it is hard for us to notice or know. Like a pidgin, even some Americans didn't know or haven’t heard about it. We need to understand the diversity of cultures. Through the presentation, I learn that having this ability is also considered as literacy.

2. This new form of digital presentation was interesting and surprising. Unlike a PPT which we commonly use, there are various movements of slides which contain photos, videos and textures. I was able to pay attention to this kind of slideshows. It was very attractive and it made me curious of the contents.
As I see it you learned a lot about the Pidgin language such like how it comes from. "Through the presentation, I learn that having this ability is also considered as literacy", this is a good point about literacy you've learned and I totally agree with you.

Jiahong Guan
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down