English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PreWriting Assignment

Go down

PreWriting Assignment  Empty PreWriting Assignment

Post  AdisaNasufovic Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:26 am

The blog “Enjoying the Small Things” has a very interesting story behind it. The author of this blog is Kelle Hampton. The background is just plain white, but the amazing pictures of Nella make up for it. Nella is Kelle’s three year old daughter that has Down syndrome. In all of the pictures, Nella has a big outstanding smile that makes the reader smile and grin as well. One quote on the homepage which stood out to me was “I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit.”

The ideal audience for this blog would be mothers, but more specifically, mothers with special needs children. This blog is written by a mother of four children and who is expecting again. She has two daughters and two step sons. This blog explains how Kelle’s life was before having a child with Down syndrome. She thought her life was over for the most part; little did she know Nella changed her perspective on life. This is where the quote in the first paragraph plays its part. I think that Kelle appeals to the readers through logical reasoning because everything she mentions in her blogs is true and could possibly be a fact.

After reading the comments of “Enjoying the Small Things”, I knew the audience enjoyed reading and learning about Nella. All of the comments are positive and very supporting. As I mentioned earlier, many of the readers of this blogs state Nella’s smile puts a smile on their face automatically. The majority of the audience of this blog is mothers. The values of the audience are very encouraging and supportive of Kelle and her daughter Nella. The readers all seem to be attached to this blog after just reading one, which obviously states the audience enjoys reading about their life.

This blog works well because anyone can have a child with Down syndrome. But just because the child has special needs does not mean the parents life is over. This blog shows a scared mother who becomes stronger and stronger for her daughter. Now the most interesting thing that keeps readers coming back is, now that Kelle is pregnant again, is this child going to have special needs or not? The blog discusses everyday activities of Nella and the rest of her family. Every day is a new day, which means something new happens in Nella’s and her family’s life and the audience could not be happier to read about it.

AdisaNasufovic
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down