English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assignment 1 Rhetoric (makeup)

Go down

Assignment 1 Rhetoric (makeup) Empty Assignment 1 Rhetoric (makeup)

Post  SalSciara Tue May 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Rhetorical situation- The context of a rhetorical act, made up (at a minimum) of a rhetor, an issue (or exigence), and an audience. I would explain this to a friend by saying that rhetorical situation is when an expert in something writes or says something to an audience. Rhetorical analysis- A form of criticism (or close reading) that employs the principles of rhetoric to examine the interactions between a text, an author, and an audience. I would explain this to a friend by saying that rhetorical analysis is when someone closely criticizes a rhetorical situation.

When I write I think I tend to appeal most to the pathos side when writing about something I feel strongly about. When writing about almost anything else I think I lean more on logos to explain the situation. There is also some times throughout my writing when I appeal to ethos. I don't think there is any writing by any writer that does not contain some sort of combination of all of these.

SalSciara
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down