English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sentence Outlines

Go down

Sentence Outlines Empty Sentence Outlines

Post  Minsoo Soh Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:27 am

First of all, I am still in the process of researching about my new question so this sentence outlines are not covering everything that I would like to include.
However, this is why I've got so far.

<Sentence Outline>

 Research Question: What are the effects of compulsory conscription in South Korea?

I. There are several important effects of compulsory conscription in South Korea

A. There are the both positive and negative effects of compulsory conscription on my life as a college student.(My personal story)

B. “ Conscription, or mandatory military service or compulsory national service, is legislated in South Korea, with military service stated as one of the Four Constitutional Duties (along with taxes, education, and labor) for all citizens” (Wikipedia, 2011).

C. There are three important factors negative and positive effects.

II. It could bring unusual mortality or raise mortality.

A. A man in South Korea who was doing a military service had been panicked of pressure and killed other soldiers( July 2009) Jung Ang Il Bo.

B. Research on the effects of Vietnam military service suggests that Vietnam veterans experienced significantly higher mortality than both non-Vietnam veterans and the civilian population at large.

III. It increases the national security against North Korea.

A. There are a lot of rebellions by North Korea.

B. There is an example of a story of Korean war that Korea wasn’t able to save their people.

IV. There is an effect on domestic economy.

A. It could lose some intellectuals because it disturbs their educational path.

B. “Economic theory predicts that military conscription is associated with static inefficiencies as well as with dynamic distortions of the accumulation of human and physical capital” ( Keller, Poutvaara and Wagener 2006)

V. I think the conscription should be operated in South Korea

Minsoo Soh
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down