English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

President Obama Q&A

Go down

President Obama Q&A  Empty President Obama Q&A

Post  jlkdb Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:24 pm

While watching this Q&A, analyze how the politicians use evidence. What do the politicians ask Obama (and what do they leave unsaid)? Consider the tones of different speakers. Consider the use of logos, pathos, and ethos, and find specific examples. You might not be able to identify speakers, but you can use the time that has elapsed to couch your claims.

Also, I am not interested in any political opinions. Rather, a critical look at how those opinions are expressed. Both two party was doing effort in Bipartisanship, they still have disagreements.
Basically, President Obama is asked several areas of questions. The republicans set up questions about unemployment, medical, and energy. Obama also mentioned tax incentives. As unemployment is argued in this Q&A, Baltimore is also a city facing the sever unemployment issues. Republicans point to the 10 percent national unemployment rate as proof that administration policies have not been effective.
I really have no idea what they leave unsaid, but I guess it could be something related to politics.
The republicans also come up with a little boy uses mathematical data to draw forth the unemployment issue, which I believe is a pathos using. It makes people realized these are bread-and-butter issues. I think one of the house of republican is using pathos when he quotes his son’s word, when President Obama is asked about unemployment, he said ’ We lost 650,000 jobs in December, 700000 jobs in January 650,000 in the subsequent month. ‘ and I believe logos are used here. He has specifically data prepared for the Q&A by House Republicans. And The republicans also debate President Obama health care reform effort.

jlkdb
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down