English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

prewriting

Go down

prewriting Empty prewriting

Post  Shengnan Xue Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:20 am

I would like to write about a blog named The Polar Route, where the writer shares his travel blogs, photos, and photo guides and reviews. In general, the blog presents it self “a daily exploration of our world” as the words on its logo. (TPR) And the home page of the blog contains a well-designed part named “The latest and The greatst”, and I believe this part express the spirits of the blog via the pictures and abstracts of those chosen articles.
As for the audiences of the blog, there are three different groups of people could be the ideal audiences: people loving traveling, people loving photography, and people who are interested in different cultures and beautiful scenes. Every article has a specific theme and contains the feelings, knowledges, technic and skills, or purely photos. They are all about the author’s own experience and thoughts, but they are very different. As a consequence, the blog as a whole may attract people with very different interests. For example, the article Shooting and editing photos part 4: finding realism with HDR Editing is written professionally and great for photographers to learn, reference, and discuss about. Another example is the article What it’s like to travel on the trans Siberian railroad in pictures, the author describes and compares a little bit via both words and pictures. And following this article, people are discussing about different countries and cultures in the comments.
In fact, the audiences who write down comments are mostly just people who are amazed by this blog. They are young and have strong willing to travelling or taking photos. Most of them have a positive attitude and look forward to do the similar things as the author. “Hopefully I’ll be able to do it one day.” Written by an audience Ally, and she is a representitive of the audience. They may share their own experience with similar feelings or great pities in the conmments, and some of the audience express their plans. One more important thing I notice is that the author reply to almost every comment, and his replies are great communications with the audiences. He answers questions, expresses thankful and wish, and talks about the experience the audiences share.
In this blog, the pictures are really awesome and attract many readers. The thoughts and photographic skills are written in an easy-understood way, so a lot of people say that they learn something from the article. And the author also has communication with his audience in the conmments. So their communications are based on similar interests and through different ways.

Reference
http://www.thepolarroute.com/

Shengnan Xue
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down