English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

obama question

Go down

obama question Empty obama question

Post  Danni Bian Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:21 am

how the politicians use evidence. What do the politicians ask Obama (and what do they leave unsaid)? Consider the tones of different speakers. Consider the use of logos, pathos, and ethos, and find specific examples.Each of politicians ask questions in turn and they use different evidence to convince their opinion.
To begin with, A little boy use mathematical data to draw forth the unemployment issue on his experience. I think he use logos to describe because he looks at deductive and inductive reasoning, and makes an effective, persuasive reason to back up his claims. Also he use facts and statistics to help support his argument. They all want to tell the significance of their questions and some of them speak out some thoughts and suggestions. There are small speech before Obama begin his speech but he do pretty well and answer questions by use data and evidence faultlessly.
President Obama previewed proposals for new infrastructure spending and an extension of payroll tax cuts as part of a major jobs package, and challenged Republicans to find common ground with him. But Obama told his audience the package would include projects for rebuilding infrastructure across the country to put construction workers back on the job. Republicans who control the House of Representatives have resisted such ideas as wasteful spending. I can feel the disappointment from politicians and they want to change the theme topic. This reflect Obama’s confidence and firm.As far as i am concerned,
As for the logos, pathos, and ethos the Present Obama used logos and pathos most. He persuade by appealing to the politician’s emotions and he choose better ways to affect emotional response, it seems effectively be used to enhance his argument. Also he use logos to answer question about unemployment. He begins with a generalization, cites a specific case which related to the generalization, finally, he ends with a conclusion based on the above.

Danni Bian
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down