English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama's Question and Answer

Go down

Obama's Question and Answer Empty Obama's Question and Answer

Post  AlliLadd Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Now I really don't know much about politics, but I've always loved Obama as a speaker. It's almost as if he pauses before everything he says to make sure it won't cause disagreements among the audience or the viewers, but he also somehow manages to always stand his ground and politely put people in their place. He does a good job of correcting people if they're wrong while also remaining as a respectable leader. For example, in the beginning when Obama is responding to a question regarding job losses, he uses a strong sense of logos which is very effect here. On the other hand when he is addressing the letter from a little boy regarding his father, he uses a bit of pathos here which isn't necessarily as effective as using facts and such. I feel that a lot of America sees right through feelings, but when facts and status come into play, it's much easier to listen to. From example the Freshman from Utah made the mistake of mentioning that he was a freshman. Obama put him right in his place. He shouldn't have mentioned that he was a freshman, he ruined his status (Ethos) by doing so, and Obama knew exactly how to handle it.

Regarding audiences, Obama does a good job of addressing the country as a whole while still answering the questions and addressing problems head on. Some people address the country as a whole as the audience, while others are simply seeing Obama's opinions on different questions. Like I said before, Obama is great at responding to exactly what needs to be answered, and not beat any dead horses.

AlliLadd
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down