English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Project Ideas

+2
ianvandam
adamlowe
6 posters

Go down

Final Project Ideas Empty Final Project Ideas

Post  adamlowe Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:09 pm

For my final project I am going to make a prezi for my last research paper. It was over social media and it's effets on elections. I plan show the ethical vs unethical side of my argument because I was able to find the most information about that.

In recent elections the different presidential campaigns have used social media to their advantage. In some cases it was ethical and other times it was not. I will use this prezi to show some of the ethical and unethical ways they campaigned in these elections.

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Final Project Ideas Empty Re: Final Project Ideas

Post  ianvandam Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:40 am

I think this is a good topic to utilize a Prezi for. One of my thoughts is that you should make sure to use a lot picture, video, and print sources to show this massive emphasis, because of course it is the media... essentially infinite.

ianvandam
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Final Project Ideas Empty Final Project

Post  DanielSherwood Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 pm

This is a very good topic because there is a huge affect of media and how media changes people's opinions. Therefore in an election, this changing of opinions makes a huge difference. However, the main problem with this is the election was so recent, results and studies may not be out and published yet.

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  adamlowe Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Daniel, that is right, one of the biggest problems I had with this paper was finding information that was current and I could use for my paper. Instead I ended up using information from the 2008 and 2010 elections and then also I used some case studies on how companies market their products through social media and showed how that can work for candidates.

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielSherwood Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Adam that is a great idea, the only unfortunate thing about that (and this isn't your fault) is the use of Twitter in the election. Like we have discussed previously, Twitter just recently became a large social network and did not play nearly as large role in the 2008 election as it did in the most recent. With the information you have it sounds like your final is going very well. I'm curious how were Facebook and other networks used in the 2008 election?

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  adamlowe Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:20 pm

One thing that I talked about a lot in my essay was the difference of ethical and unethical use of social media. In 2008 and 2010 there was a lot of unethical social media practices where they used spamming techniques to get the word out about their candidates however it proved to not be very helpful because these advertisements were annoying and therefore not helpful to the candidates campaign.

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielSherwood Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 pm

That actually makes a lot of sense. When election season comes around I know personally, watching TV become almost a chore simply because it is an add trashing the other candidate. It seems that the media use has turned from supporting one candidate, to simply trying to convince the viewer that the other guy is worse. Personally I'd like to see more support of their own candidate as opposed to trashing the opposition. Was there any change in that in the recent election?

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tolen Oliver Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm

A potentially funny idea for demonstrating how twitter was in play in this election could be by having a slide of screen caps of tweets from election night (or just about the election). Especially if the tweets are from a famous person.

For example:
Donald Trump (@realDonaldTrump): "This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!"

Daniel Tosh (@DanielTosh): "good luck today Florida! try not to pull a "Florida"

Tolen Oliver
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielSherwood Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:56 pm

Thats a great idea! That will be a nice way to add Twitter into the project. I think Twitter is vital for the project too because it is so big in society today.

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  OliviaPeterkin Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:14 pm

I think that this is a cool idea because social media was a huge factor in this year's election and that makes the topic o your research paper current. Maybe you'd want to utilize visual aids in your prezi like venn diagrams for comparison between the two sides All words and no pictures make for a very boring Prezi. Keep this in mind! Great ideas/thought process so far Like a Star @ heaven

OliviaPeterkin
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielSherwood Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Definitely use lots of visuals in the project! The venn diagram is a great idea to show the similarities and differences in their campaigns and how they were run with the media.

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Final Project Ideas Empty Final project

Post  AustinTri Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:44 pm

YO, i think that's a really good idea for your final project because so much of the world today is ran by social media, such as Facebook, and twitter, so its a good idea. Just make sure its safe.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down