English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama Q&A response

+2
AlliLadd
StephanieWun
6 posters

Go down

Obama Q&A response Empty Obama Q&A response

Post  StephanieWun Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Before I start discussing the prompt for this video, I would like to say I am neither a republican nor a democrat and agree/disagree with both parties on different subjects. There are a lot of things wrong with politics today; instead of working towards fixing problems, I feel as if each party is just more focused on proving each other wrong.

While I choose not to pick sides, I have to say Obama did a great job with the Q&A on the republican side. The first speaker attempted to toy with Obama's emotions when they told the story about the boy and his family and how the stimulus package was affecting them in a harmful way but it didn’t really work. The president approached the situation well and defended his policies; he argued that unemployment had elevated extensively in the months previous to him being brought into office. I also feel like the speakers used a lot of logos when discussing facts and pathos when presenting their questions; a good example of this is David Carter.

In most Q&A’s dealing with politics, the questions are just attacks and in the end aren’t really answered. In its place of answering, they decide to reorganize the question and turn it into something they would rather debate so they can avoid being proven wrong. One thing I noticed was that there were tons of people who asked questions and failed to input details when criticizing and cross-examining Obama.

After watching this debate, I gained a lot of respect for Obama because not only did he stand up and take the blame for things he knew was his fault but he also answered those attacks in a very refined way.

StephanieWun
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Obama Q&A response Empty Re: Obama Q&A response

Post  AlliLadd Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm just like you! I don't find much significance in politics. Especially when it comes to choosing a party. The debates you see today definitely reflect the whole "proving each other wrong" point like you said, which makes it more difficult for me to find an interest in politics.

AlliLadd
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenzie_lafayette Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:52 pm

I think that Obama did a good job answering the questions but I also think that Romney did too. He did a good job explaining what things he would do that Obama didn't do and how he would actually do the things that Obama said he would do but didn't. I do give Obama credit though for admitting that he has made mistakes.

mackenzie_lafayette
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Obama Q&A response Empty Good summary

Post  OliviaPeterkin Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:54 am

I agree with what you said about the whole "one against the other thing". On paper I'm a republican, because of the views I have in common, but I've never actually rooted for a republican candidate. I feel that you're dead-on when you say that a lot of politics today (In campaigns) are focused on one another battles instead of coming together and finding out what would work best for America. I think that in times like this, people are seeing less smoke and looking for more help.
Good piece.b pirat

OliviaPeterkin
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down

Obama Q&A response Empty Love the first paragraph

Post  adamlowe Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:59 pm

I really enjoyed the beginning of your post because yo just came right out and told us your thoughts. I am a republican however not one that is stuck in my ways. The biggest issue with politics and one of the bigger issues with our nation as a whole is the fact that so many people are so stuck in their ways that they cannot even fathom to think from the other side of the spectrum.

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  AlliLadd Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Honestly my problem is just not finding an interest in it...there should be some easily accessible way for teens to learn more about politics. Sure it's a little juvenile but I could use the help Shocked But seriously.

AlliLadd
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down

Obama Q&A response Empty Obama Response

Post  AustinTri Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:40 pm

It is hard to interest to just go research Obama, I thought the first paragraph was written really and you described and made it interesting to the readers.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down