English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

big question- can god and science co exist?

2 posters

Go down

big question- can god and science co exist? Empty big question- can god and science co exist?

Post  Abbyelmer Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:47 pm

I’ve wondered often at the answer to the question, “can science and god co-exist?” I have never been super religious, but was raised catholic with parents who strongly believed in evolution. It seemed like an odd combination and I could never quite come up with an answer. So many religions seem to speak against science, yet things like evolution are pretty much undeniable when you look at the facts.
The first time I really thought about this was when I was taking biology as a freshman. We were learning about evolution and I hadn’t thought much of it. One day I was standing outside the room waiting for class to start when a girl I was good friends with who was quite smart came up and started yelling about learning evolution. She was upset because she didn’t believe in evolution because it wasn’t in the bible. I was shocked that someone so brilliant was ignoring the facts of science. Later I talked to other religious friends of mine who said that they believed in evolution, but thought that God caused evolution.
Though this is only one example of religion and science co-existing it gave me the answer I was looking for. I decided that they could co-exist. You can believe that God created earth by creating evolution and that he creates scientific progress and that they don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
In my story I use pathos to prove my point. I tell a story and use other people’s feelings to show my argument.

Abbyelmer
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

big question- can god and science co exist? Empty Constructive Criticism

Post  KennadyGee Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:01 pm

This was a good response towards the question that you picked. Personally, I though that it was great store that not only gave some type of insight into your life, the type of person you are, and the way view different events within your life. The only thing that I can really offer towards the construction of your essay is to elaborate more on the appeals that you are trying to create an emphasis on. Along side with that you should length your essay so it enables you to expand on your appeals and the influence you have upon your audience that you are reaching out to.

KennadyGee
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down