English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Msnbc response

Go down

Msnbc response Empty Msnbc response

Post  GabrielleFost Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:56 pm

While attempting to analyze this video it has come to my attention that politics is more difficult than it may seem, however, these are my opinions.

The first question that was asked to President Obama gives off this vibe that is making him feel like he should take the blame for the unemployment rate being high this particular discussion took place within the first 5 minutes of the video. The congressman then goes on to providing information about the past unemployment rates that dealt with previous presidents. This is appealing to more of a logos point of view. The president responds to the question about unemployment by basically saying that he was hoping the unemployment rate would stay in the 8 percentile range. President Obama states how many people lost their job and he tells the congressman, I assume you  aren't faulting my policies for that. One major time that President Obama mention was the month he was sworn in and how the unemployment number was high. He also states that he will embrace the ideas of the Republicans. He wanted to expand the job growth to match the economic growth as well.

Another person then ask a question around the 12 minute marker of the discussion and this person keeps bringing up the past, and the president again answers this question by saying he is going to once again embrace the ideas of the Republicans. The next person says that the United states has increased spending by 84% which puts the blame on the President. Marsha Blackburn then acknowledges President Obama's idea of health care and then goes on to talk about how  she had numerous ideas that would bring health care ideas to the forefront.

Marsha Blackburn wants to know when the people will sit down with President Obama and get all of the ideas out on paper and she it will be enforced this question is brought up around the 32 marker. President Obama says that he has seen some of their ideas and also embraced some ideas involving health care. At the end of the video President Obama discusses the overall question which is, what are we going to do about medicare? He answers the rhetorical question by saying that proposal made my certain congressman will be painted factually.

I feel that the people in the audience aren't necessarily asking him questions, but instead they are interrogating with a strict demeanor.

GabrielleFost
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Msnbc response Empty Pre-writing Assignment #1

Post  GabrielleFost Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:19 pm

The comic I chose is titled a Whole Lotta Junk In That Trunk, which is a graphic- based comic. The website tends to focus on its hope page which shows the latest comic that the writer has drawn up for the day. This particular website is called Kate or Die comics. Kate or Die draws the readers in with her use of vibrant colors and somewhat relatable things that happen on an everyday basis. The text used in these comics are usually a little thicker than the usual font. She uses bolded words and bold colors to express the emotion of the comic. She uses animation to get the point across.

Based on the information stated above these comics on the website appeal to a younger audience. Kate or Die mainly attracts the attention of young teenagers who have gone through these odd but somewhat normal issues some point in their life. Kate or Die readers don't necessarily need to go through the issues to understand the comics. These comics are for pure entertainment. Even though Kate or Die might appear to be more so appealing to teenagers it is open for anyone who enjoys a good laugh here and now. The comics on the website try to relate to people's issues and then add the comedic touch for a fluff to the comic.

Kate or Die audience tend to congregate in mainly 2 locations. The first location would be the comment section below the comics. This meeting place is extremely active with fans commenting, saying, "I love your comics they get me through the day", " Your comics are the best thing that's ever happened". The second place for the audience to congregate is to subscribe to a certain feed they want to view and it is added to a list, known as the Common Feed List. The main discussion going on in the comment section and the subscriber list is how much people love the comics and how they have inspired them to write comics of their own.

The creator of the website Kate, tends to not interact with the audience as much because she is usually going to different events and comicons. She tries to post something whenever she knows she won't be able to create a new comic to post. She will post numerous things stating how sorry she is that she has been gone and she has her twitter handle on the website so the audience can keep up with her life, comics, and website.

GabrielleFost
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum