English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

prezi presentation - Hawaii

2 posters

Go down

prezi presentation - Hawaii  Empty prezi presentation - Hawaii

Post  Katrine Haarklau Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:50 pm

1. This is something I learned during the “digital presentation”. Everybody can look illiterate some places. When we grew up we thought the norms was the same everywhere. There is lots of foreign words at Hawaii. Pidgin is the language called. Because different workers speaked different languages, and they sort of created a new language so they could work together effectively. Someone think it reflects human intelligence, other think it reflects broken English talked about poor people. It is a combination of broken English, Japanese, Hawaiian, Samoan, Chinese, and Tagalog. There are big culture differences between NY and Hawaii. Americans are not known for having lots of knowlegde about other cultures.
2. It was a very cool presentation. I have actually never heared about a prezi presetation, but I did really like it. So easy to follow everything. I did never loose my attention because of new different features all the time. I also liked that I could just do it in my own pace and og back and forward as much as I wanted to.

Katrine Haarklau
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

prezi presentation - Hawaii  Empty Re: prezi presentation - Hawaii

Post  Jiahong Guan Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:22 pm

Katrine Haarklau wrote:1. This is something I learned during the “digital presentation”. Everybody can look illiterate some places. When we grew up we thought the norms was the same everywhere. There is lots of foreign words at Hawaii. Pidgin is the language called. Because different workers speaked different languages, and they sort of created a new language so they could work together effectively. Someone think it reflects human intelligence, other think it reflects broken English talked about poor people. It is a combination of broken English, Japanese, Hawaiian, Samoan, Chinese, and Tagalog. There are big culture differences between NY and Hawaii. Americans are not known for having lots of knowlegde about other cultures.
2. It was a very cool presentation. I have actually never heared about a prezi presetation, but I did really like it. So easy to follow everything. I did never loose my attention because of new different features all the time. I also liked that I could just do it in my own pace and og back and forward as much as I wanted to.
I like your deep understanding about the digital presentation as well as the Pidgin language. Your opinion of what a cool presentation it is is the same as mine.

Jiahong Guan
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum