English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pre-writing about a comic

3 posters

Go down

pre-writing about a comic Empty pre-writing about a comic

Post  tguangying Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:48 am

In one afternoon, six naughty children were playing in the house kitchen happily. One was hanging on the ceiling lights; one was playing the slingshot; one was eating popcorns and them spreading it to the air; and one is tieing their mother’s shoestrings to the table leg... They messed up the entire kitchen, despite of caring about their mother’s disappointed expression. A despaired woman was sitting behind the dining table, saying: ”Can I get paid for this frontline duty?” The comic clearly expresses itself by drawing each child and the mother’s expression vividly. Children’s naughty faces indicate that they were making troubles, and the mother’s tiring face showed she was bored of handling this chaos situation.

I think this comic is mainly drawn to attract readers who are housewives or those who take care of children alone. This arouses resonance from those who had the same experience of handling messy situations.(Ethos)

Some of audience may think it’s what women were meant to do, they have innate abilities; the comic may also arouse audience sympathy that it is so hard about raising children. Moreover, this comic drawn audience’s deep thinking: Where is the husband? It is their both decision to have these kids? And did they both decide that one of them would work and the other raise the kids? If so, every time the working spouse brings home a paycheck, the woman is getting “paid” for her work she contribute to the stability of the family.(Logos)

This webcomic’s content is relates to our daily life. This situation happens everyday around us. It draws audience’s attention, especially young couples, to think who is going to support for the family, and to think who is responsible for children. Meanwhile, it combined the normal life and people’ psychologies to arouse housewives’ resonance that it is not only women’ abilities but also, the couples should take charge of the family.

Reference:
http://www.gocomics.com/garymarkstein/2013/01/25

tguangying
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

pre-writing about a comic Empty Re: pre-writing about a comic

Post  Minsoo Soh Sun May 12, 2013 4:32 pm

tguangying wrote: In one afternoon, six naughty children were playing in the house kitchen happily. One was hanging on the ceiling lights; one was playing the slingshot; one was eating popcorns and them spreading it to the air; and one is tieing their mother’s shoestrings to the table leg... They messed up the entire kitchen, despite of caring about their mother’s disappointed expression. A despaired woman was sitting behind the dining table, saying: ”Can I get paid for this frontline duty?” The comic clearly expresses itself by drawing each child and the mother’s expression vividly. Children’s naughty faces indicate that they were making troubles, and the mother’s tiring face showed she was bored of handling this chaos situation.

I think this comic is mainly drawn to attract readers who are housewives or those who take care of children alone. This arouses resonance from those who had the same experience of handling messy situations.(Ethos)

Some of audience may think it’s what women were meant to do, they have innate abilities; the comic may also arouse audience sympathy that it is so hard about raising children. Moreover, this comic drawn audience’s deep thinking: Where is the husband? It is their both decision to have these kids? And did they both decide that one of them would work and the other raise the kids? If so, every time the working spouse brings home a paycheck, the woman is getting “paid” for her work she contribute to the stability of the family.(Logos)

This webcomic’s content is relates to our daily life. This situation happens everyday around us. It draws audience’s attention, especially young couples, to think who is going to support for the family, and to think who is responsible for children. Meanwhile, it combined the normal life and people’ psychologies to arouse housewives’ resonance that it is not only women’ abilities but also, the couples should take charge of the family.

Reference:

Since I am writing about a blog, I really wonder how your paper will turn out later.

I felt like you should also talk about the colors that were used in the comic because sometimes some cartoonists use colors to symbolize somethings or additionally express the atmosphere of the situation.

Minsoo Soh
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  Jiahong Guan Sun May 12, 2013 6:04 pm

tguangying wrote: In one afternoon, six naughty children were playing in the house kitchen happily. One was hanging on the ceiling lights; one was playing the slingshot; one was eating popcorns and them spreading it to the air; and one is tieing their mother’s shoestrings to the table leg... They messed up the entire kitchen, despite of caring about their mother’s disappointed expression. A despaired woman was sitting behind the dining table, saying: ”Can I get paid for this frontline duty?” The comic clearly expresses itself by drawing each child and the mother’s expression vividly. Children’s naughty faces indicate that they were making troubles, and the mother’s tiring face showed she was bored of handling this chaos situation.

Reference:
To some content I agree with Minsoo's opinion, color explanation is important. But I think you successfully introduced an interesting story, I lke that.

Jiahong Guan
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down