English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Research Question and Sources

5 posters

Go down

Research Question and Sources Empty Research Question and Sources

Post  TiannaBr Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:46 pm

My research question is "Can Barbie be an American icon, while striping the female population of their core values?". Barbie has been around for ages, and so has criticism of her influence over the female population.

My two sources:

Wolf, Erica. "Barbie: The Early History." Barbie: The Early History. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Nov. 2012. <http://universityhonors.umd.edu/HONR269J/projects/wolf.html>.

Louise Collins. and April Lidinsky. and Andrea Rusnock. and Rebecca Torstrick. "We're Not Barbie Girls: Tweens Transform a Feminine Icon." Feminist Formations 24.1 (2012): 102-126. Project MUSE. Web. 27 Nov. 2012. <http://muse.jhu.edu/>.

TiannaBr
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Research Question and Sources Empty Re: Research Question and Sources

Post  adamlowe Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:07 pm

I like the idea of using Barbie to compare. It is a much more interesting to do something like that then just make it cut and dry. THis will be much more appealing to the viewers.

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Research Question and Sources Empty Final Project

Post  DanielSherwood Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Much like Adam said, the use of Barbie is great because it is so relatable. Everyone in the world knows who Barbie is. So this use of such a universally know figure will make your project much easier to relate to.

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  OliviaPeterkin Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:23 pm

I really like your Barbie idea and its effect on the mindsets of women. (I also love that Aqua song) The fact that you have information so early on about hoe Barbie's proportions are physically impossible is neat. Keep up the giid work!

OliviaPeterkin
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down

Research Question and Sources Empty Final Project

Post  DanielSherwood Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:33 pm

The use of Barbie will be very beneficial because Barbie can be used as a visual and it will be extremely relevant to your presentation. Your ideas seem great to this point! I can't wait to see the final presentation.

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Research Question and Sources Empty Barbie

Post  AustinTri Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 pm

This is a fun topic for you to choose because I know as a young girl you played with Barbies and so did almost every other young kid. This will get you thinking about your childhood and how much fun you had playing with them. This is a good idea for you to use.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum