English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Page and half Drugs:The Equalizer in a Society

3 posters

Go down

Page and half Drugs:The Equalizer in a Society Empty Page and half Drugs:The Equalizer in a Society

Post  KennadyGee Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:06 pm

For as long as humans have been on this Earth and have had an understanding of the causes and effects of drugs, wither it be for medicinal usage or purely recreational, there have been conflicts and issues to the use and possession of them. There are a mixture of motives as to why particular societies have strict and lesser regulations on drug wither it be for moral, scientific, or religious purposes; but can a society actually be stable or even flourish through the regulation, use, and separation of “soft” (Cannabis, MDMA, Cocaine) and “hard” (Heroin, Psilocybin, PCP) drugs? There are many examples through out the world, older and recent ones, that shown the effects of these implications on drugs through the passing of laws, policies, and establishments that have been set in place for these drug users and as a consequence have hade and effect on the economic, social interactions, and overall well being of the people living within these communities and societies.
One of the prime examples of this can be seen right here within the United States in the state of California. Within the state of California, the use of cannabis is a regulate substance that can be used with a prescription from a certified medical doctor and also allows cultivators to be exempt from criminal persecution that would be active in other states. This is due to the passing of Proposition 215 in 1996 through a general election ballot. Even though it is legal for medical purposes under Californian state law, it is still a schedule 1 drug under federal law, making illegal to sell, trade, distribute, manufacture, and poses. In the years after this proposition was passed, there were many positive effects that came from it. One of the most notable effects is the generation of jobs that came from it. The passing of this law allowed for the establishment of medical cannabis dispensaries and cultivation sites around the state. This opening of new jobs allowed for economic stimulation as well. It is estimated now that these new jobs pertaining to the medical distribution of cannabis generate roughly around 14 billion dollars a year by itself. This significant amount of money has allowed for the people working in this business to make a fair living for themselves and their families, and also the state has received a monetary stimulation as well. In 2010, Proposition 19 was imposed in a statewide ballot. The proposition wasn’t passed in a popular vote 53.5% to 46.5%. If the proposition was had been passed, it would have legalized various cannabis activates, allowed the local government to regulate these activates, permitted the local government to impose fees and taxes on cannabis, and authorized various criminal and civil penalties.

KennadyGee
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Page and half Drugs:The Equalizer in a Society Empty Re: Page and half Drugs:The Equalizer in a Society

Post  adamlowe Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Sort of confused by your question but I think you are asking whether a society can flourish alongside recreational drug use? just clear that up a little bit for us

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Page and half Drugs:The Equalizer in a Society Empty Re: Page and half Drugs:The Equalizer in a Society

Post  AustinTri Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:57 pm

I am also a little bit confused by the question, but I understand where you are coming from. I know that you're going to talk about drugs in society, but expand your question to better engage with the reader.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  AustinTri Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:23 pm

I read this again and I am starting to understand where you are initially coming from. I still think you can expand of the topic and make it more dense in information but the topic of drugs alone could get you into some really fascinating information

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum