English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Source Paragraphs

4 posters

Go down

Source Paragraphs Empty Source Paragraphs

Post  Alextate Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 am

Question: Why is the golden ratio such an influential part of nature and daily life?

Source 1: For my first source, "Unavoidable Golden Ratio" by Dorota Jacak, the paper writes about the mathematical basis of the golden ratio and how it derives from the natural growth and organizational pattern in organic matter. It talks of how the golden ratio was derived in ancient cultures from the generic 3-4-5 right triangle spun around to make the spiral known as the golden ratio. However, with this essay, I think that it might have 2 things that would make it rather hard to use as a major source in my paper. First, it is very complex with mathematical formulas and theorems that would be difficult to cite in a paper. Second, it is only 5 pages. These two facts make me think that I will not want to use this source as a major contributor to my essay.

Source 2: For my second source, The Golden Ratio: The Story of Phi, the worlds most astonishing number by Mario Livio, Livio states of how phi has been traced to ancient works of art, both architectural and visual, as well the world of nature such as flower petals or the spiral shells on mollusks. Livio states that phi is the "symbolic counterpart of the universe we perceive" and how with every part of nature, there is phi inherently integrated into it's molecular structure. This source is very detailed in the thoughts and reasoning behind the writing, and I believe that it would be a very good source to use in order to further and write my paper.

Alextate
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Source Paragraphs Empty Re: Source Paragraphs

Post  adamlowe Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:03 pm

What is the golden ratio? THis is so confusing to me because I don't know what it is. Make sure you have sources to explain that

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  OliviaPeterkin Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:48 am

I agree with Adam. YOu are talking about a subject that may not be popular outside of a specific audience. Clarification is necessary. jocolor

OliviaPeterkin
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down

Source Paragraphs Empty Post

Post  AustinTri Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:55 pm

I agree with them too, because it is important to specify on the topics, so the reader is not confused about what you are talking about in the paper.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down