English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Works supporting our Question

4 posters

Go down

Works supporting our Question Empty Works supporting our Question

Post  DanielSherwood Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:35 pm

Question: Do men who were in a fraternity have more opportunities in the job market immediately after college than men who were not in fraternities?

The first work I read was a MS Thesis paper called "Fraternal Influences on Job Market Chances". I read the conclusion of this thesis and it stated that being in a fraternity does actually help men in the job market. This is because the network they gain with the being a part of the fraternity. By being a part of a fraternity, you have more connections to people in the job market because you share the fraternity.
Dingemans, Jelle M.O.. "Fraternal Influences On Job Market Chances." MS Thesis, 2008. Web. 15 Nov. 2012.

In this journal, DiChiara discusses ow leadership is so relevant in the job market and is key for almost any job you can have. He discusses how being a part of a fraternity can help you gain this leadership which will later help you in the job market. He brings a topic up much like Dingemans that being in a fraternity will open many more doors for people and those doors can often times help you obtain these leadership qualities.
DiChiara, Anthony Nicholas "Oracle: The Research Journal of the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors" Vol. 4, Iss. 2, September 2009

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Works supporting our Question Empty Re: Works supporting our Question

Post  AlliLadd Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:25 pm

This topic is pretty interesting, I know little to nothing about the benefits of greek life outside of college. Not sure if this is the topic you're sticking to for your paper, but it seems to be like a solid question! I'm not sure how easy it would be to find reliable sources for this topic, it doesn't seems like a common research topic. Very thought provoking though.

AlliLadd
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down

Works supporting our Question Empty Great Topic

Post  adamlowe Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Love the topic. It is one of those things that guys in Fraternities joke around about a lot but whether it's actual true or not is very interesting. Might be tough to find some sources but if you are able to do that this could be very interesting.

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  AustinTri Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:58 pm

I have heard a lot of guys talk about this, and it would be really cool if you could find some good stats about your topic. Dig deap to see if you can find what it is that you are looking for.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Works supporting our Question Empty Research Paper

Post  DanielSherwood Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Thanks for all the positive feedback. The research was actually very astounding to find that being in a fraternity can help you in the job market. Check out my presentation when I post it and you can see all the statistics and information.

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down