English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prewriting

Go down

Prewriting  Empty Prewriting

Post  AustinTri Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:43 am

Part I:
1. ."It is sometimes helpful to say that it is not individuals who speak and act, but rather historically and socially defined discourses speak to each other through individuals." -Gee

2. "We are better at what we acquire, but we consciously know more about what we have learned." -Gee

3. “Articulated Truth has no permanence.” Ong

4. “Literacy is control of secondary use of language.”
-Gee

5. "Typically, literates want words and thoughts pinned down- though it is impossible to 'pin down' an event" -Ong

Part II:

Literacy is important to me because it surrounds everyone all of the time. It is one of the most important things that we need to learn to do when we are young is to read, speak, write, and understand text. Being illiterate is one of the most awkward things that you can be in live. It is an awful feeling to where you do not know what is going on; you cannot communicate with people because you don't know the language very well so it is not like you can ask for help. Communicating with people is important because without talking or writing to people, how would news travel or how would people know anything. They wouldn't so it is vital to be able to communicate with people and learn from them.

Part III:

Literacy is the ability to read and write or have knowledge in a specified area. Some people say that literacy is defined by the society that we live in. There are many different views on what literacy actually is. This is an easy question with many different answers. To me, literacy is the ability to read, speak, write, and comprehend what a person is reading or writing. A question came up, if you go out of the country are you illiterate? The answer could go both ways, but personally I think that you are illiterate, because you cannot read, speak, or understand what other people are saying. If you were to learn some of the language you would still be illiterate because you cannot necessarily read the language if you could speak some of it.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down