English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

number HW 8

Go down

number HW 8 Empty number HW 8

Post  YousiffAbd Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:41 pm

It's been two days I couldn't sleep because i was coming from Kuwait to US. I barley speak English and I have no idea what's i going to face over there except I heard some stories from people how had a bad experiences at the airport. I was dizzy and tired and not sure how to fell in the applications they gave me at the plane! I flet like i am lost and i wanna cry! Finally, we landed and it the time to get of the plane. However, I wasn't excepting something like what i saw! there was a really long lines and there was a lady yelling some word i wasn't sure what its mean! I was thinking I dont want to get in the wrong line but sadly i did. so i wasted so much time waiting in the wrong line. Also i was afraid to ask because i wasn't sure how to ask!! But i end up asking one of the security men and he were so kind to tell us how to fell in the application and where i have to go. Funny part came after that after i waiting almost two hours at the line trying to get to the immigration check point. When he called me to come to the desk i was thinking about whats i am going to say so i was trying to put some words in my mind. then he asked me for the passport and the i-20. that was easy so i was fine until he asked about something i couldn't get because he was so fast. He repeated twice and i couldn't get what is the question until he said in Arabic "where are you planning to go in US!" i was like and joke for me so i laughed because he spoke Arabic. After that i passed the check point and took my bags and went to a hotel.

People always can communicate with each other even if they are from different places in the world. we always can use our hands to show the ways and to make a signs to get each other. However, sometime it didn't work so you will have to try something else to make people understand you. There is always some sign are the same in all the world like (I want water) or (nice) ... etc. So if you want more then this you have to learn the language.

YousiffAbd
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down