English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audience and Arguments

Go down

Audience and Arguments Empty Audience and Arguments

Post  DanielSherwood Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:38 pm

The audience I would most like to write this essay to and present it to, would be biology teachers across the country. From my past experience with biology teachers, they are often closed minded towards the idea of a God existing. They are so caught up in the evolution theory that they closed off everything else. Yes the evolution theory is very plausible, but is the idea of a God not? The stories that have been passed along for over 2000 years are now all the sudden out of the question. For these reasons, I would like to attempt to open their mind to the idea of God and Darwin's evolution theory coexisting.

If I were to present this essay to an audience of biology teachers, I would need more than just my beliefs to attempt to open their minds to this idea. I would present arguments such as, the idea that these bible stories have been passed down to us for over 2000 years. There is no way that these stories could be completely made up and have survived this test of time. Another, would be the countless doctors that have said, not only them, but science cannot explain some results of injuries. People who have survived things that the human body should not be able to make it through. My final argument would be, if we evolved from primates, why did they not all evolve? Survival of the fittest would mean that all the primates either evolved to humans, or died.

Using these three arguments, I believe that teachers just may take a second look when someone says The Bible and Darwin's evolution theory can coexist. The fact that there are so many unexplainable phenomenons in the universe, and the first thing we write off is a greater power out there that may be responsible, is outrageous. If we cannot explain it via science than can we not at least attribute it to a greater power. That seems to make the most sense as opposed to completely writing something off that is neither proven or unproven.

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down