English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kara Clay - Response 1

Go down

Kara Clay - Response 1 Empty Kara Clay - Response 1

Post  karaclay Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:30 am

A rhetorical situation explained from my perspective would be a term that involves at least one person using some sort of communication to modify the perspective of at least one other person. When I looked up the word rhetoric and me knowing what rhetoric was it seems like it's used out of context. Normally I'd think they were implying "trickery", "lying", even in a "joking" matter. But I also looked it up as being "simply persuasive." I understand how it could be both because for example if were to tell someone "Why don't you just be quit?" Its not a question you are literally (really asking) but more like a exclamation in a form of a question. You don't expect them to respond saying "because (whatever reason they are talking)." This example even though more persuasive is still trickery because like I said above your implying the person be quit. But could be trickery as well because that person could be thinking about you being quit so much they actually get ticked into being quit.
Now rhetorical analysis (when I looked it up it was a written explanation about HOW a writer (or speaker) attempts to change the mind of his or her audience. So seems to me if I were explaining to a friend it's what a person does before the situation to "persuade" that person to do what they want. When I write online I think I appeal most to pathos. Just because well when I looked it up it said "the quality of power, or actual power in life." In my high-school English class I could relate most to any prompt that was given to me. Or just have knowledge to whatever it was that they were talking about.

karaclay
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Kara Clay - Response 1 Empty Kara Clay- Response 2

Post  karaclay Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:15 am

Kairos is an ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment). The ancient Greeks had two words for time, Chrono’s and Kairos. While Chrono’s refers to chronological or sequential time, Kairos refers to (depending on how you’re using it) means weather in both ancient and Modern Greek. Kairos is a word with layers of meaning most usually it is defined in terms of its Classical Greek. In Greek, both Kairos and chronos literally mean “time,” but Kairos does not mean “time” in the same sense as used in contemporary English. In Greek, Kairos represents a king of “qualitative” time, as in “the right time.” Kairos means taking advantage of or even creating a perfect moment to deliver a particular message.
Modern concerns that I see wrong with the weblog could be on two terms its way to wordy I can’t keep up (but then again my reading skills were never up to par). Voyeurism is the consumption of revealing images of an information about others. Apparently revealed and unguarded lives often yet not always for purposed of entertainment (through the means of the internet). For example the text said “by faking insanity to be committed to an insane asylum or strapping a camera to an ankle to capture photographs of the execution of a convicted murderer, early tabloid journalism of the late 19th and early 20th century. By faking insanity to be committed to an insane asylum or strapping a camera to an ankle to capture photographs of the execution of a convicted murderer, early tabloid reporters offered their readers glimpses into the lives of others, glimpses that seem more real because they are secret. It is important because it’s “a desire to be involved with the world around us.”
Some confusions I have about the readings is:
Why the “claimed high-school student in the Chapel Hill” was important because it kind of threw me off.
Why voyeurism is important to for English because it seems more important in the “Journalism world”

karaclay
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Kara Clay - Response 1 Empty KARA CLAY- RESPONSE 3

Post  karaclay Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:04 am

My blog presents itself as being high fashion (seeing that it is street fashion). My blog represents itself as being very versatile. To me it's not to just one audience but its to all different types of fashion. I don't have a blog but I do have an Instagram, which is like a present day blog. The blog gives different varieties of style for instance: hats, no hats. Petite girls, tall girls, heels or boots. The blog doesn't go by a specific season (understandably because it can be cold in one place and hot in another). It also doesn't specify to a type of person. I know this because I'm the girl that will show up to a job interview with sweatpants if I could. So it could favor to people who want to be comfortable or could favor to people who want to wear heals and dress up (seeing what I mean by versatile).
Even though the blog is very versatile when it comes to types of fashion. I don't feel it is when it comes to age. Theirs a lot of bare skin being shown or all skin being covered so I feel like its more like a 18 to mid 20's kind of blog for women. I say this because duh, kids who aren't considered adults (in my opinion) shouldn't be dressed like they are one. But also to argue that some of the pictures shown on the blog the women is wearing a bralette (kind of a bra but more acceptable to wear in public) with a cardigan. Or she's wearing stilettos with a short dress. Although, a younger person doesn't have to see a outfit and copy exactly because they've got skorts, blazers, and rock necklaces. So, maybe not a-little girl but a six-teen year old could piece her outfit together from looking at this blog.
My blogs audience communicates in a way that (like I said) favors Instagram. You can heart a photo, you can re-blog the picture, share it with friends on other sites, as well as post notes underneath the picture. The audience seems to value the style. Wanting to know where the person got whatever they had. Also questions like "when did you get the item?" Most likely so the person knows if he/she is eligible to buy it. The blog "Street Fashion" is like the tree and everybody's pictures of clothes and jewelry get posted to that blog by one particular person (the roots). The way this works is some of the pictures are saved to the "Street Fashion" persons computer and then uploaded to the account, but some are re-blogged. When the blog gets re-blogged it's like a retweet (twitter) and all the followers of "Street Fashion" can see the blog and comment or re-blog it themselves. The audience seems to value their fashion collectively. Everyone has their different reasons for being on the site. Some need to find what to wear to a party, others are about to go shopping and want to find something similar to the item shown on the blogs, majority seem to just like to look at styles for their own purposes.
The web blog works with it's audience by staying updated? I don't think they've ever skipped a day to blog or at-least re-blog a blog. Theirs not much words on the blog besides the viewers commenting underneath. I may be scrolling too fast but the person or people running the "Street Fashion" also never reply to people's questions it's the viewers that'll comment underneath. For example, once the blogger posts the picture a viewer will comment underneath like "Omg where'd you get that?" and another person will post "Chanel"or something like that. The re-blogged pictures normally have the name brand titled at the bottom or the whole description of whatever the article may be. Seems to me that the weblog is like a guide for what's getting in style especially because it shows people from different parts of the country and the WORLD. So for instance if ruffled socks where in style in France but America didn't get the motive yet and you just so happened to run across the socks on the site you would have insight before an everyday store like H&M or Forever 21 could sale the item in stores. This blog helps its audience by keeping it up to date with the daily fashions (especially by posting everyday because we all know how quickly fashion can change). It also helps by giving a broader idea of styles that are going on around the world so we aren't just trapped in our own bubble.

BLOG: http://street-fashion.tumblr.com/post/75298634577

karaclay
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Kara Clay - Response 1 Empty Kara Clay - Prompt 2

Post  karaclay Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm

When I watched the video, people incoordinate Obama's changes he's made in Congress in their questions. One of the main things i noticed was how the people pointed out what policies and idea's Obama has that have failed and how the Republicans could be better. For instance, how much the spending increased, and Obama's policies. Such as, when Obama said he would broadcast the healthcare debates but never did. Although they are right, they fail to mention the things Obama has what life would be like without Obama taking action, his accomplishments, and what Republican ideas Obama has used. They failed to mention the responses of (as said above but forgot to coordinate together) Obama to the negative Republican responses or would he did instead. They forgot to mention the responses of the good things he's down and or how they affected the community. Most of the speakers use facts, I would consider this ethos. An example of this is when the politicians said "Obama had increased spending by 84%. Many politician use facts, like changes Obama made (what the Republicans didn't mention but instead mentioned what they Obama did).

karaclay
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Kara Clay - Response 1 Empty Re: Kara Clay - Response 1

Post  karaclay Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Yes literary has affected me on a daily. Literacy has affected me in 3 ways of when my parents couldn't help me with my homework. When I got my first two tickets I didn't understand how to read the ticket, How to find the officers name or my court date, and news papers the way their worded semi sophisticated sometimes I can't understand what's going on in the world because of how bias it is to age.

karaclay
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Kara Clay - Response 1 Empty Pre-Writing for Paper 3

Post  karaclay Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:32 pm

http://o.canada.com/health/diet-fitness/this-is-whats-disgusting-about-the-victorias-secret-fashion-show
- This article states what is "disgusting" about the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. Meaning how harmful victoria secret models image could be on a young girls mind. Mentioning the pressure to feel beautiful, look beautiful in other words be super skinny.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/29/high-school-student-furious-that-victorias-secret-models-are-thin/
- This article mentions examples of girls who get into disorders, reasons why they get into disorders, and the influence victoria secret models have on it.

http://www.today.com/popculture/im-no-angel-victorias-secret-model-looks-back-1C9888362
- This is girl got called beautiful and decided to model. Her friends always told her she was a generous size for commerical modeling. This a story about a girl who is my size and the business tried to tell her that she was big. She talks about what it did to her self esteem, and how she didnt want to model anymore because she didnt want to deal with the industry telling her what was beautiful.

http://elitedaily.com/women/victorias-dirty-little-secret/
- This article is more up my ally is to what im trying to educate everyone to think. It means that its okay to have the skinny models work the runway. But can we have a girl whos over 125 pounds under 5'7 but be just as fit and toned as the rest of the girls?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer-siebel-newsom/the-danger-in-victorias-secrets-marketing_b_3024702.html
- this article really isn't up the ally of what I was talking about, but it is a good point. The article talks about what we are saying to young children in commericals. How when little girls come into VS how they want to look like or wear thongs or little panties like the girls in Victoria Secret commercials.

karaclay
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Kara Clay - Response 1 Empty Re: Kara Clay - Response 1

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down