English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapter 3- eric dragster- english 1000

Go down

chapter 3- eric dragster- english 1000 Empty chapter 3- eric dragster- english 1000

Post  lmtiefenbrunn Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:02 pm

CONSIDER THE TERMS “RHETORICAL SITUATION” AND “RHETORICAL ANALYSIS” HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN THEM TO A FRIEND? WHEN YOU WRITE ONLINE DO YOU THINK YOU APPEAL MOST TO PATHOS, LOGOS, OR ETHOS?

“Rhetorical Analysis” is analyzing the reading and trying to see from both perspectives of a paper. I am referring to the writer and the audience as the two sides. If I was the writer I would ask myself questions. What do I want to benefit from writing this piece? What is the age and attitude of my audience? There are so many factors when writing a paper, and the audience is a huge portion of this as well. You have to have lots of background knowledge on who you are speaking too. “Rhetorical Situation” is how you present your information to the audience. After reading Chapter 3 “Rhetorical Situation” it taught me how can you present your information and get it across to the audience. I really enjoyed how the reading explained for certain situations you may email someone or write them a letter depending on the situation and the relation to the person. This was neat because they are both forms of writing one is just more personal compared to the other.

When I write online I feel like I would do best relating to my audience using the Logos method. I say this because the other two options would be very hard for me to do. Ethos refers to credibility and being well known. To me this method means that people know that they should trust your work and trust you. This would be hard for me to do with an online writing because I have never published an online writing before. Nor am I well known where people should naturally know and trust me. Pathos, the other method is connecting with your audience on an emotional level. This would be difficult to do because it is easiest to connect with people emotionally when you have felt that way emotionally. It is hard to see from others points of views when you have never felt that way. You can only relate too what you have already felt. This brought me to my decision of Logos. This method would be easiest for me to use to relate to my audience. Logos means having good information, reasoning, and explanations. Meaning if no one knew anything credible about my writing or had known any of my past experiences, they would still trust my writing. They would do this because my information seemed valid and reliable with additional information explaining the original context.

lmtiefenbrunn
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

chapter 3- eric dragster- english 1000 Empty into the blogsphere

Post  lmtiefenbrunn Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:38 am

DEFINITION OF KAIROS
According to the Merriam Webster Kairos means the opportune and decisive moment. To me it means it’s the perfect moment to take an opportunity. That the odds are in your favor and that things are looking positive for you. It’s a good time to take a chance or risk.

MODERN CONCERNS WITH THE WEB BLOG
I believe the modern concerns of weblogs are that people cannot access enough information or too much information. Meaning this society is constantly wanting to know more because they feel that they are entitled to that privilege. However, I do not agree with this. I believe people should have a right to privacy. Everyone should be allowed to keep private and personal matters to themselves. I also believe that people can access things accidently which can corrupt people’s thoughts and outlook on many different things. My concerns with weblogs is that people are sharing too much information. Our society that we live in today is constantly wanting instant gratification. We want the next best thing and we want it now. My generation has grown up with the internet. There has not been a moment when we have not had access to the information that we want. Weblogs is allowing people large amounts of information. This information is data that people want to know but they do not necessarily need to know. The sad thing is that the public is still allowed access because someone out there is blogging about it. I think Blogs are corrupting this society. Blogs are just someone’s opinions on an internet page for anyone to read. Instead of reading others opinions, you should have your own and think for yourself.

THE IMPORTANCE OF VOYEURISM TO HOW WE UNDERSTAND WRITING AND READING
Voyeurism is important to how we understand reading or writing by giving us additional information. It is giving us information that is private. Therefore it adds on to the information that we already know. It helps us grasp a better understanding of the situation.

THREE QUESTIONS/CONFUSIONS
-What is online privacy? Everyone knows once you put information on the internet that it is out there forever. So if you want it to be private, then why put it on the internet?
-Is there such a thing as a new genre? Or is a “new genre” just an altered version of another genre?
-Do people write blogs in order to gain more information? Do they want feedback and -information in return? Or do they just want people to know their thoughts and views on specific topics?

lmtiefenbrunn
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum