English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

specialized language

Go down

specialized language  Empty specialized language

Post  James k Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:06 pm

When I was in 5th grade it was mandatory for all students to take a music class and learn how to play an instrument. The day had finally arrived when the myself and my fellow students we allowed to pick our instrument. We were all huddled in a circle waiting for your music teacher to bring out all the instruments that were in their black shiny cases, all of us were so anxious to get our hands on our instruments. The instrument choices were: trumpet, clarinet, trombone, flute, saxophone, and percussion. Naturally I chose the trumpet because I thought the melodies it produced were amazing. Over the next few months our class began to essentially learn language of music and how to apply the musical notes written on the pages to our instruments. By the end of the year we were all able to play our instruments as well as 5th graders could. I had become the second best trumpet player in the class. Sadly playing the trumpet was a strain on my asthma and I had to switch to percussion when I reached 6th grade. I would never regret that choice, as I am now very literate in both melodic notes and rhythmic notes. I have stuck with percussion until this very day and I have hopes of making Snare on Marching Mizzou next fall.

James k
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down