English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prewriting about a comic

Go down

Prewriting about a comic Empty Prewriting about a comic

Post  Weijian Li Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:09 am

In my opinion, comic is a easy tool to illustrate a story or joke through the pictures with only few words. Actually, it is not necessary for comic to have words all the time. In most situation, it will not contain any word and just use several photographs to tell you what is going on, then it might uses some words to explain what had happened. Just like the comic that I have found on the Penny Arcade. In the first picture, it mentions two people run outside from their house in a hurry. And secondary, a severe explosion happens right behind them and blow them away. Finally, two guys lie on the ground and talks to each other. One person complains "what did I tell about uninstalling Myth Ⅱ?" and another person reluctant says "oh, goody, you're still alive".

Although I think comic should be suitable for people in all age groups, as this comic contains some information about the computer game, the story might be more interesting for teenagers who have played this game because they can better understand the most funny part and the characters in comic also look like teenagers. On the other hand, the conversation between these two teenagers in the last picture clearly represents their emotions(pathos). Therefore, the idea audience for the comic are teenagers who like to play computer games.

There is no doubt that this comic has exaggerated the fact, so the audience might mainly concentrate on discussing about why uninstalling the Myth Ⅱ can cause such a big explosion. They might directly post their values under the comic or they can also talk about that when they are playing the game through the dialog box! Besides, when the game players get together to held a party in the real life, it is also a very good idea for them to imitate the conversation between those two characters in the last picture.

Basically, comic is very easy to understand and it relates to our real life to a large extend. So by intercommunicating with each other, the writers and audience, on one hand comic provides its audience a way to relax them from the heavy burden from their daily life and enjoy themselves by communicating it freely with other people. On the other hand, the opinions and ideas from the audience also encourage the writer to create more interesting comic and make more improvements in the content.

Reference: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/1999/01/06

Weijian Li
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum