English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-writing of the Blog

Go down

Pre-writing of the Blog Empty Pre-writing of the Blog

Post  Luo Yajie Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:33 am

China travel weblog
The writer wrote a travel blog which describes the experience of her when she was traveling in China. She thinks that China is a land of tasty food and many people. (http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/China/blog-751912.html, China, land of tasty food and many people. Jasmine Sun) In order to bring a better visual effect to viewers, the writer put a lot of pictures in her blog and introduced each picture. Also, she is interested in the history of China, so she chose the capital Beijing, which is the representative of China. In addition, the writer described many cultural monuments she visited such as the
Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. By the way, she emphasized the large number of tourists several times, and everything is busy and crowded.
The ideal audiences I think this blog are the foreigners who want to travel to China in the future and the Chinese people such like me who are interested to see how the foreigners think about China. First, as for me, if I would like to travel to somewhere, I will search the comments from tourists who have traveled to that place. It is helpful to hear what they said because their experience and suggestions will help me to decide what things I could do or what delicious food I could eat. The meaning of I prefer to look at the comments from tourists rather than look the official introduction is that the writers of blog will be more emotional (pathos) than the official introduction. Although official websites often show the objective existing things to describe spots such as the history and the honor of the place (logos), the information travelers mainly want to get is what the place really looks like. Listening to what others talked about is the best choice because it is more real and attractive. Moreover, writers of blog could communicate with their audiences. Discourse conveys information as well as specific emotion to infect the audiences. On the other hand, as a Chinese, seeing the China travel blog wrote by foreigners is interesting and proud. I think every Chinese people will like to hear praise and introduce our country to foreigners. (pathos)
The audiences come from across the world and most of them are going to travel in Beijing soon. The blog did not show their ages but according to their names, the quantity of female is more than male. There are some short comments like "cool" or "nice pictures". Some of the audiences had traveled in Beijing before, and they give their same or different opinions to the writer. The writer is also willing to exchange their ideas about this travel which is interesting. However, more audiences are the people who plan to go to Beijing in the future. The questions they asked are specific, such as "If I take the train from Beijing North Station to the Badaling Great Wall, how far is the station from the Great Wall entrance? Can I walk from the train station or take a taxi." (anonymous) The writer also replied specific answer to them and gave the audiences useful suggestions so they can save a lot of energy and time.
Blog is a public approach to show the writer's thoughts to the audience. Everyone could see what the writer writes and what the conversation is between the writer and the audience. Although many writers are willing to do so because they like to become the center of people, the complete transparency of blog actually brings some trouble to relate people. One thing I want to claim is the privacy. In some situations, writers or audiences may do not want others to see what they say, and they just want to talk to one person privately. If blog could concern about privacy, it will give the audience more space and safety.

Luo Yajie
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum